Reading progress update: I've read 45%.

Almost Adept - Olga Godim

Unfortunately I've had so much going on that I just haven't had time to read near as much as I'd like to. I'm really enjoying the book but there's two small things that are bugging me a bit. I'll have to wait until it's over to see how they turn out but they're not ruining the story for me or anything. The whole losing her virginity thing just seems a little bit weird to me, even with it being a more medieval and open society. I sort of wish she'd forget about that and the story move on towards more of a love type situation which will probably happen. I get why she wants/needs to lose her virginity but she already seems powerful enough regardless of what her title is and I get that she needs to be content with who she is, her body along with her sexuality to grow as not only a person but as a mage who has full control over her abilities but it just seems weird her thinking about it at a time of danger or when she's starting to possibly care for someone.  Of course she is a teenager so....:)