The Changelings (War of the Fae #1) - Elle Casey

The Changelings (War of the Fae, #1) - Elle Casey

I had such a fun time reading this book! I seem to have had a nice good luck streak going with finding really awesome independent books/authors on Amazon lately but even with that streak I was more than pleasantly surprised with this book. It's really one of the best books I've read in quite a while and I've read some really good books lately.

Ms. Casey's voice is refreshingly unique and I found Jayne to be a complete riot. All of her friends were just so fun to read about and I especially liked Becky (she's just too cute!) There wasn't any of the usual teenage angst or coldness coming from any of the characters like in alot of nYA books ow and I liked all of the characters alot. Jaynes wit and sense of humor along with her language had me laughing through most of the book. Yeah she's a rebel and yes she curses but she's also a good person, a loyal friend, someone who can take charge, someone who has a bit of an ego (what teenager doesn't?) without being too egotistical or full of herself. I really like how real everyone seemed and acted. Nothing felt forced or fake. None of the kids are perfect and all of them have their problems but they're good decent people. Just because you're good doesn't mean you can't cuss, smoke a cigarette or enjoy a beer every so often : )

I could go on all day long and I'm definetly hooked on this series and cannot wait to read more from Ms. Casey. My only problem is I have to wait till payday to get the next book. What was intended to be a book to hold me over became a series I now HAVE to read.

Jamie: This is the book that started it all and led me to all of this.  I wouldn't be here doing reviews or blogging if I hadn't of taken that chance on a new author and a free book, the first in the War of the Fae series which became my favorite fantasy series of all time. These books made me laugh so much.  So many good memories.  Love this series!