Gehenna (West of Hell #1) - Jason Brant

Gehenna (West of Hell #1) - Jason Brant

I read Gehenna a while back and it was a great story. I've recently bought the West of Hell Omnibus and I'm nearly on book three and I'm loving every single second of it.

The zombies are perfect. They're gross, shuffling, slow, bloody, gurgling perfection! Just like how I like them.

I don't know why I haven't seen more books like this. The wild west is the perfect era for a zombie book or film. Heck it would probably make a darn good Dystopian or Post-Apocalyptic setting too and Jason Brant is really onto something with these books. The world is incredible, the action was fast paced but he doesn't just rely on action to drive the story. The characters have an incredible amount of depth to them. You can't help but rooting for the good guys and hoping the villains will become zombie food. Character development is really important to me so I find the fact that he was able to write such a fast paced book and still give the characters a lot of life to be nothing short of amazing.

If you're a zombie fan and let's face it if you're looking at this book then you probably are then go ahead and grab it with confidence. It will satisfy the zombie cravings of even the most hard core fans out there. If you love westerns then give it a try too. The setting is brilliant, the characters larger than life and the setting as gritty as any western you'll ever come across.

I truly can't say enough good things about this book or Jason Brant. The man knows how to write. Okay, well I have to get back to reading West of Hell Omnibus edition. The five minutes I took two write this have been sheer agony. Must read more cowboy's and zombies :D