Darkness Falls (Darkness Falls #1) - Jessica Sorensen

Darkness Falls: Darkness Falls Series (Volume 1) - Jessica Sorensen

Well I downloaded Darkness Falls for free along with a bunch of other free books and after reading one or two and not being horribly impressed with any of them I decided to try Darkness Falls. I liked the cover and it sounded interesting and now I'm so glad I read it.

Kayla is an interesting characters. She's strong and driven to question. Caring yet sometimes a bit cold and aloof. She's very much different from the rest of the people in the Colony. For one she questions authority and likes to take risks whereas everyone else keeps their heads down and their minds closed. She's also got a secret or secrets and everytime I think I have her or the plot figured out something new will happen making me realize I don't have a clue what's going on. This is a great book with lots of twists, a deep mystery, action and characters that feel and act real. As unbelievable as the setting is, it never actually feels unreal or unbelievable. Nothing seems forced and I found myself reading this book in one sit through. Darkness falls isn't your average small sized book you normally get for free or dirt cheap on Kindle. It's actually a fairly decent sized book.

Sometimes I'm amazed that certain books sell so well like Maze Runner (which in my opinion had an excellent idea but poor execution) while really great books like Darkness Falls are self published. This book deserves to be on the book shelf just as much if not more so than alot of the YA Urban Fantasy/sci fi type books you find in stores such as Maze Runner or Perseus Jackson and the Olympians. It's a much better story and just as well written. I actually just bought the second book today and I'm enjoying it just as much as I did the first. Give it a try, it's free. You have nothing to lose and might actually find yourself in a world you enjoy.