Still working - sorking: Jamiespeak for working :P - on my site :/

Sorry I haven't been around so much lately, I'm still working on my site but I'm nearly through.  You know I used to think a Data Entry job would be awesome and easy.  Nope! Not any more!  I'm so tired of entering the same info over and over and over again.  I'm starting to have nightmares at night where I'm stuck entering my book reviews into my blog and cant' stop, arrrgghhh!  I haven't had one of those dreams since I worked fast food in my youth.  I had the flu on my first day at work and that night I had those awful fever dreams where I was stuck cooking french fries all night and all I wanted to do was lie down but I couldn't because I was trapped in a horrible dream. I can only imagine how bad it can be for some bloggers who literally have hundreds or thousands of reviews that they need to enter.  It's taken me forever to just enter around 140 of them.  Saving photos, resizing them, cropping them when needed.  Finding all the authors info: Twitter, Facebook page then verifying to make sure that is indeed their real info and FB page.  You'd be surprised on how many are just fan pages made by fans who sort of "pretend" to be them.  Most of the good ones will have a statement at the top that it's not the real authors site but not all of them.  Same goes for twitter.

Then entering the stuff over and over.  I just want to get through so I can concentrate on learning some html, making my site nicer.  Actually running the blog, etc.  It's going to be so much easier once it's actually up and running or so I keep telling myself although I have a feeling that this is the easy part.

But now that I'm nearly through I can't help but wonder if I shouldn't have added all those photos to some type of online storage site and just use the url for them instead of actually loading them all into wordpress form my computer.  I know it's going to take up a lot more room with me just uploading them all the way I have been but just the thought of going back through all of that and changing them makes me want to bash my head into my monitor or cry - probably both lol.  Maybe some day in the future.

Besides copy and pasting all my info in, adding some photos and learning how to use the theme and plugin I really didn't have to do all that much.  I can only imagine how much work it is for those who have built their sites from the ground up.  Either way it's a lot of work.  My respect for bloggers just grows each day.  Hopefully I'll get decent at it some day.  Going to try :)