I'm going to try something a bit different with this one.

Black Arts - Faith Hunter

I've been in a bit of a funk lately on my reading so it took me forever to get through this one.  Not that I didn't like it or anything.  I thought this was one of the best in the series but I've been so busy plus I'm still trying to get over this bug I've had for forever and I just haven't been reading much lately.  Just got Elle Casey's new book and her books always get me back on track so I should be good again very soon.

I want to try something a little different on my review for this one.  I've been doing a lot of reading on how I can improve my writing and on how to write better book reviews.  I know that all the reading in the world is no substitute for practice so I'm  hoping in time that my reviews will get better.  Not that I dislike them now or think they're bad but I don't want to ever get complacent about them either.  My site is nearing completion and I've been going back through a lot of my old reviews and trying to decide if I want to re-write them or not.  On one hand I like to look at them in their original form to see how much I've grown as a book reviewer and how much my enthusiasm has grown for reviewing books.  On the other hand some of them are really bad and only a few sentences long. So I don't know, I haven't made up my mind on it yet.

What I do know is that I'd like to improve.  I'd like to give my reviews more substance and some structure and I'm going to give what I've learned a shot.  I don't know if I'll be successful but I'd like to try.  I want to keep getting better, even if it's only in baby steps.  I want to always find something in my reviews that I could have done better and to grow as a writer.

I know I have a long way to go but I'd rather improve a little bit at a time than to never improve at all.  So that's pretty much my plan.  I think every artist (not that I'm an artist or a writer by any stretch of the imagination) thinks that their work could always be better and are never completely satisfied with it and I think that's a good thing.  I don't want to ever be satisfied with my reviews but I do want to be satisfied that I did the absolute best that I could at that particular time.