Reading progress update: I've read 54%.out of 100%

Black Arts - Faith Hunter

We’re gonna have company.” Angie crawled from my lap and sat in the corner of the couch, watching the doll with determined, hopeful eyes. And then I heard the bike. It had the high-pitched whine of a Kawasaki. And it was heading our way. Despite my lingering worry and pain, heat bloomed from my middle, flamed up my torso, and folded itself over my shoulders while settling low in my abdomen. It was like being embraced by a big-cat, as Beast’s interest fluctuated and changed. The bike was familiar. It slowed in the street. And puttered close to the house.

He stood as tall as me in his black Frye boots. Black jeans, a short-sleeved black tee, his black leather riding jacket hanging on the Kow-bike. His hair was longer than I had ever seen it, finger-combed and looking even darker than its usual black, damp from the helmet. I could smell gun oil, spicy aftershave, cigar. And his cat. “Let’s go for a late lunch,” Rick said, leaning in, supporting his weight on his arms, high, to either side of the door, stretching up to show his biceps and the damaged tattoos there. And pulling his T-shirt against pecs and abs. Oh my . . . “You can call Tom for an intro. Fair warning, though. He’ll tell you I’m trouble."

Yeah, Jane and Ricky Bo so belong together.  They're perfect for each other.  So glad he put in an appearance this book.  Black Arts has been great so far.  I love this series and love Jane's evolution.  Each book is better than the last and the world building is phenomenal.

On a side note I just learned how to access my Kindle Highlights online so I can now have fun using them :D