SPOILER ALERT!

The Strain (The Strain Trilogy boo1) - Chuck Hogan and Guillermo del Toro

The Strain - Guillermo del Toro, Chuck Hogan

Vampires With A Bite!!!

It all begins with a single airplane that touches down and then goes dark, no lights and no sign of life which signals the beginning of the end of mankind as we know it. We are not alone and only too late do we learn that vampires are real. Forget the legends. Forget the myths and forget the movies featuring handsome men in dark capes with pointy white teeth. What springs forth from the imagination of Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan is so much more horrifying than all the myths and legends combined. But every myth and legend has some basis on fact but will the good guys be able to sort out the fact from fiction before it's too late? Only time will tell. Time we are running out of!

Tired of pretty vampires with a conscience? Then you've come to the right place! These vampires are the kind that "you don't want to be bitten by." Think of them as as kinda like the mutated vampires in Blade 2 only much much nastier and why wouldn't they be after all Guillermo Del Toro was the director of Blade 2. So we have vampires, a horrible earth-ending plague, street thugs turned vampire hunters and one old man with way too much knowledge. Throw in the CDS for good measure and the result is one heart stopping, pulse pounding, adrenaline rush of pure terror. You get to enjoy all of the espionage, action and thrills that you've come to expect from Chuck Hogan along with the macabre, fantastic and dark twisted creatures that Del Toro is so well known for and you end up with this book: The Strain. From start to finish this book will leave you wanting more all the while praying that daybreak will soon banish the dark shadows of night.

5 Stars for this book from me. I always like a mean vampire tale that has a bit to it and this one has one helluva bite!