Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #2) - Laini Taylor

Days of Blood & Starlight - Laini Taylor

Beautifully Written Sequel.

I absolutely fell in love with Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Laini Taylor's writing style is elegant and her characters are vivid and real. The words in the first book read like poetry, like the gentle flow of a river that carries you along on it's journey and the second book is the same except this time the river has turned into white water rapids, it still flows with majestic ease but the water has become tumultuous, crashing upon rocks with a heavy surge that threatens to break you into pieces and take you under. Where the first book was more about love and mystery this one is more about pain and was much darker than the first but you still get glimpses of the dream Karou and Akiva once shared, and the end. OMG the ending was insanely intense and masterfully done. I really didn't think the author would be able to outdo the first book especially with the nice twists she had in the story that I didn't see coming but I was wrong. This book has it's own twists that you never see coming until it's too late. Sacrifices were made, love answers hatred and hope still remains.

I cannot recommend this book along with the first one enough. If you want to lose yourself in not only a great story but one that's very well written then look no further. Every page is like music for the mind. The story was refreshingly different, so fantastical and odd yet Mrs. Taylor makes it all seem so real and possible. And to think I'd passed over this book so many times. The day I bought Daughter of Smoke and Bone and started on this incredible journey will be a day etched in my mind forever.