Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, Book 1)

Skinwalker - Faith Hunter I absolutely loved this book! I decided to try reading some Faith Hunter books after reading most of David B. Coe's fantasy works. They share a blogsite along with some fellow authors which is how I learned about her and the Jane Yellowrock series looked like alot of fun so I thought I'd give it a try. I have to say I was instantly hooked. Finally we get a great fantasy author who's not afraid to make her main character have a tender side. Sure she's tough and sexy but she's not just a killing machine. She's human...well sort of....and she is afraid at times, cries at other times and has a strong sense of morals, right and wrong plus she goes to church when she can. She's also not super omg-uber powerful and can't just kill everything in sight by batting an eyelash. She takes on some nasty opponents and gets hurt. Alot. Also every man in the world doesn't bow down to her and want her although she does have her fair share of interested guys. I guess what I'm saying is she's pretty normal, for a shapechanging gal that is and I like it. The characters are interesting and the world feels real to me. I can't wait to read each book in this series.