The Fall: Book Two of the Strain Trilogy

The Fall - Guillermo del Toro, Chuck Hogan --- Very Little Or No Spoilers Here ---

In the Strain Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan showed us a world where myth and legend were so much more horrifying that we could ever imagine ending the book on a near cliff-hanger aftermath of the ultimate struggle between good and evil.

And now we have the Fall which picks up right where the Strain left off only now that we've had most of the characters introduced and the lines drawn between good and evil the book kicks the action and fear up a notch. Humankind is not alone and only a few people truly understand what is happening. While they struggle against an evil that seems near unstoppable they also try to make the world understand what is truly happening. This is not a normal virus! No normal strain! This is The Fall! Born from the evil of a master vampire and the heroes must race against the clock to find a way to stop it.

Without giving away anything I can only say if you loved the Strain then you'll doubly enjoy The Fall. This book has more action, more horror and more answers that only lead to more questions. In book one the Characters were introduced and the plot established so with book two the authors were free to really put the peddle to the metal. I found myself unable to put this book down and my only regret is that I didn't pick these books up until they'd all been written. How will I ever make it until October when the third one comes out? I don't know but when it does come out get your night lights ready and make sure you have plenty of batteries because you won't want to spend too much time in the dark.