SPOILER ALERT!

Aces High - Crazy In The Best Possibe Way!!!

Aces High - Elle Casey, Jason Brant

(Note: Very Minor Spoilers - Nothing specific just mainly plot overviews)

Aces High is probably one of the funnest books I've ever read. Charlie is a misfit who's been in and out of the foster care system for years. Now as a young adult, she scrapes by as a card shark and ekes out enough of a living to pay her rent and eat (sometimes). Douglas is a smart kid who just got kicked out of college for hacking his professors computer. Living at his dads old apartment he plays video games and well that's about it. A chance encounter between Charlie and Douglas over an egg starts them on a path towards friendship, bounty hunting and eventually leads to the supernatural. The two are forced by destitution to band together. Douglas is soon to be kicked out of his dads old place and his mom has cut him off. He's super smart but not very street smart. Charlie is self sufficient and knows how to take care of herself but is tired of living in squalor so the two of them hatch an idea one day to become bounty hunters and track down criminals that the police haven't been able to find in order to collect the award money. Both of them have a lot of ideas on how to accomplish their goals but neither one has ever done anything quite like this before. If Aces High sounds fun then that's because it is! Douglas and Charlie's interactions together are some of the funniest moments in the books. Douglas is a bit of a wuss, he's the brains and Charlie is totally the brawns and Douglas has the bruises to prove it. Their nonstop practical jokes and the way they pick on each other is hilarious.

I've read all of Elle Casey's books, I'm a huge fan. In fact she's my favorite author so I knew going into this that it would be a great book to read but I'd only ever read one of Jason Brant's books: Gehenna West of Hell #1 which was an awesome zombie/western and was a pure adrenaline rush with nonstop action that managed to have very detailed characters. I wasn't sure how this book would turn out with two different authors but I shouldn't have worried. Elle Casey and Jason Brant not only give each character a unique voice but also manage to make the whole book flow quite smoothly. In fact I can't really even tell where one author left off and the other began. Each plays off of the others humor very well, creating a book that is not only unique but also a lot of fun. I can't say enough good things about this book. I'm eagerly awaiting the next one and cannot wait to read more of Mr. Brant's works. Both authors deserve a lot of credit for creating something different and making it refreshingly hilarious to read. I hope to see more books by both of them individually and together.