Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #1) - Laini Taylor

Daughter of Smoke & Bone  - Laini Taylor

Daughter of Smoke and Bone is a Work of Art!

I just finished this book last night and I'm reading the sequel but I can't stop thinking about it. Words alone can't truly express how I felt reading this but I'll try anyway. Daughter of Smoke and Bone is a true work of art. It reads like poetry: very good poetry in fact. The world building is simply stunning, the characters rich and detailed and the story so fantastical yet at the same time manages to feel so very real. Every moment I read was sheer joy. The love between Karou and Kiva was breathtaking, beautiful, heartbreaking, haunting and sad. The way Laini Taylor melded the past and the present together was quite brilliant. Until the story of the past popped up I had no idea about certain events (edited so I don't give anything away) and the way that past and present came together with a simple wish was one of those moments that will always stand out in my mind. Laini Taylor is a masterful storyteller who chooses her words with care, they're rich, poetic, vivid and each scene is painted in stunning detail. Each page is a canvas rich with color and beauty. Not only did I enjoy reading it but I felt something reading it which is priceless. Ever get that tingle up your spine when you listen to great music or see a truly inspiring scene in a movie? Well this book gave me a never ending tingle down my spine. It hit all the right spots and brought more color to my world and for that I'm very thankful.