SPOILER ALERT!

Beautiful. Simply Awe-Inspiring!!!

Light in the Shadows  - A. Meredith Walters

Mental Illness is such an easily overlooked and at times ignored subject but A. Meredith Walters takes the proverbial bull by the horns and tackles the subject matter head on. Her knowledge of the subject is spot on, she worked for a decade as a counselor for troubled and abused children and teens. Working first at a Domestic Violence shelter and then later in a therapeutic program for at risk youth so she has firsthand knowledge about what she is writing about. She doesn't pull any punches or tip toe around anything. She shows exactly how bad the darkness can be yet also shows you the light. This book hits really close to home. I've had my share of demons and she described nearly each and every one of them while taking me on a trip through Clay and Maggie's love.

I find it quite fascinating that the author showed that both Maggie and Clay were responsible for their own actions, how Maggie's codependency developed. How something as simple as love and wanting to help someone can cause just as much if not more problems than to begin with. Sometimes love is not enough, sometimes love is everything. Nobody, especially a teenager is truly equipped to help someone with mental illnesses. Love, unfortunately is not always enough. Yet at the same time it can lead you into the light If you let it. If you want it to. If you're willing to fight for it and for yourself.

This book was quite simply beautiful. I'm going to have to be a wuss here and admit that it brought tears to my eyes. The ending was nearly perfect. I'd love to say so much more but don't want to ruin anything for anyone. If you haven't read Find You in the Dark yet then please do so. You don't have to love romance books to enjoy these books. Thank you A. Meredith Walters for taking up this topic and writing this series.