Ruin - Rachel Van Dyken

Ruin  - Rachel Van Dyken

Really Good Book!!!

I'm going to keep this one short because I just can't do my full gazillion page review without ruining anything. I really enjoyed this book. The beginning sucked me in but by the middle I wasn't so sure. I just started thinking that Kiersten was just too innocent and it didn't seem real but then I thought back to my younger years and remembered how shy I was and even though Kiersten wasn't shy I realized that with a lot of people there are just things that happen in life and that not everyone gets to always have a normal teenage life. Some people may be shy, others end up having a hard life or having to raise their own siblings or take care of sick relatives, etc. So once I realized that there are a lot of Kierstens out there I was fine and by the end of the book I found myself really loving the story and it's message.

Kiersten is from a small town and has a led a sheltered life whereas Wes has had a seemingly perfect life. His family is super rich, he's athletic and good looking and a great football player. He is living the American dream or so it seems but sometimes looks can be deceiving. Both of them have had to deal with so many things in their past. Kiersten and Wes have both been alone for so long but one chance encounter leads to something that neither of them ever expected and to be honest they both need each other. But finding each other isn't the ending, it's only the beginning in this story and they will need every bit of their new found love for each other to not only overcome the past but to also face all the hurdles that life decides to throw at them.

I just want to take a moment to say this book is a beautiful dedication. To what I refuse to say because I don't want to ruin it but most of us have known someone who has dealt with this problem. I really want to say more but I'm just going to leave it at that. Once you read you will understand and I hope that Ruin can bring others the same comfort that it brought me. That alone is priceless, but I got it for .99 cents :) I truly got the better end of this bargain and want to thank the author for sharing this story with me.